JESUS WITH ME

JESUS WITH ME
PSYCHO-PATH RECORDS

Sunday, August 1, 2010

ZIPPO ZETTERLINK (VOLUME 2)



Wolfgang Orschakowski

Story about the soul recording tonight
1969-1974 & beyond
(History of Zippo Zetterlink, Volume 2)
CD

If you think, you just get used to one sound, there is already another one. Thats all psychedelic! Blues is no Blues, Disco no Disco, Classic no Classic ... but psychedelic, first strange for common listeners. Maybe hear it slow, each day one track, so you could have more fun. And your psychic sensibility will not let you down.

Some tracks belong to a bigger thing, like "over the barbed wire", "let my guitar", "flamenco didel", these are from my "spĆ¼lfeld symphonie".

"I gonna lay down my soul" and "do what you want" are from my rare Istanbul tapes. For this time I am lucky a friend still kept them.
There are more, I have to look around. They have been composed and sung in a hotel room in Istanbul, where I stayed with the band.

"Soldatenstiefel" exist in many different versions. It was recorded in a studio from my art school "HfbK Lerchenfeld" with old Telefunken and Revox machines. The girl singer had a very good voice, she first asked what I mean with this strange poems. I told her, it is simply against military overpower, against exploitation, she understood and we recorded.

"Blues for Files, Markers, Tincan, Guitar and Voice" was done in my own studio, also "she likes poems".

The "SCREW ME MACHINE" is my underground street performance, a kind of 'walking act' to give sound to the city by the assistance of my self-constructed music machines. One of them if called "E.T.", for "Electrical Theatre Machine". This is "My Lay Street", "Underground 2 or 3", and "screw me machine & E.T. in Wismar."

"ISTANBULUM" is composed in a hotel room in Istanbul at the Bosporus, when I heard Muezzin sing a prayer from the rocket-shape high tower of Hagia Sophia. I wrote some notes and practised this the same day with the band.

"Enjoy me" singer was Melody L., girl from an island in the atlantic ocean.

"Singe" is sung by Hiroko Oike. My love poem was for a run away and I composed this in a way of Schubert Lied. A german Lied, colourful psychedelic the words...

in "TRUCKIN BIRDIE" I mixed too traditionals, one german and one american- in between I put other words and played the double bass.

the "Story about the soul recording from tonight" is about me: I was the one who recorded "I deal" on a strange plastic guitar, so no one feel offended. Even if my english is not mother language, it was the communication language in the bands with international musicians. Words.

I grew in a technical urban world, a cyberhome with microphones, electric guitars and computers. To draw construction plans for machines into the sand of my families home was my interest... somehow a native of techniques, this still plays the main part in the use of electronic and materials of the action performance, pictures and musical style: psychedelic!


Wolfgang Orschakowski
more from Wolfgang - listen, read, watch at
www.myspace.com/psychopathdotgov

No comments:

Post a Comment